Freight & Handling Charges
When you check out, you can view the shipping and handling charges for your order. In the rare case that shipping and handling charges exceed the amount shown, we will notify you. The state or province may require tax to be applied to shipping and handling charges.
WhiteRiver.com uses multiple shipping rules to determine shipping and handling charges. The shipping rules are listed below. Please see your shopping cart for an estimate of the exact shipping charges for your order.
- All Carvings: Ship FREE via FED EX within the 48 contiguous United States- Except for Trade Orders.
- **White River Specialty Mouldings (Mon Reale, Embossed and Traditional): Freight calculated on destination with a minimum of $45.**For LTL orders a separate quote will be emailed.
- Wall Panels: Ship FREE via FED EX within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Composition and Plaster products: Shipping Charges are 15% of the total sale.
- Urethane: Shipping Charges are a Flat Fee of $20.
Online orders can be delivered worldwide. However, some products, especially large items and items that contain fuel or other hazardous chemicals, are not available for shipment to other countries. To be sure, check the product and shipping notes as you shop. If your country is not listed at checkout, your order cannot be delivered there. Tax and duty fees may be charged by your country when your order arrives. Those additional charges are your responsibility. Mouldings ships to most countries.
- International Tier: Shipping Charges are 30% Minimum Charge of order. In the rare case that shipping and handling charges exceed the amount shown, we will notify you.
Handling charges may be determined by applying the Minimum Charge or by calculating a percentage of the Net Order Total, whichever is greater, using the following FedEx Ground or LTL tables and adding any appropriate fees that will apply for a particular shipment. Note that the Net Order Total is based on the White River Hardwoods (WRH) net cost to the customer, not the customer’s net cost to a builder, homeowner, etc.
The following calculations of Freight & Handling charges DO NOT APPLY to orders including Primed MDF products and/or Fabricated Products such as custom wood radius work or resin mouldings. Please contact Customer Service for a Freight & Handling quote for orders including exceptions.
Customer is responsible for ALL freight charges.
It is the responsibility of the Customer to confirm that the delivery address meets the criteria for a business.
Any subsequent freight charges applied by a carrier for Residential Delivery, Redelivery, Lift Gate service, etc. will be the responsibility of the Customer and may be invoiced 2-4 weeks after delivery.
Every effort will be made to minimize Freight & Handling charges. White River Hardwoods may contact the Customer with a recommendation to revise the shipment method at the time an order is packaged if a lower cost may apply.
It is the responsibility of the recipient to verify the condition of the goods received and note any shortages or damage on the carrier’s documentation at the time of delivery.
- Our terms of sale are FOB Fayetteville. The responsibility for damage in transit is the carrier’s, whether it is visible or concealed damage.
- Inspect your shipment immediately. Insist that visible damages be indicated on all copies of the freight bill.
- Open boxes within 15 days of delivery, inspect for concealed damages and report any discrepancies. No adjustments will be made for discrepancies not reported within 15 days of receipt.
- In case of a damaged LTL shipment, retain all packaging and notify the delivering carrier immediately. The carrier may wish to inspect the material. Place a phone call to the delivery carrier and confirm with a written report, holding a copy of the report for claim purposes.
- In case of a damaged Fed Ex package shipment, retain all packaging and notify White River immediately.
- We take every precaution to ensure safe arrival and have consulted with the carriers to develop packaging. Our responsibility for the goods ceases when the shipment is turned over to the carrier.
- Claims of damages must be made by you to the carrier within 15 days of receipt of delivery.
Returned Goods Policy
Stock mouldings cannot be returned without prior approval. Call for an RGA number and clearly mark the outside of package(s) with that number. Mouldings will not be credited that are (1) marked on, (2) modified in any way, (3) exposed to excessive sun or moisture, (4) have sheetrock mud, primer, stain or job-site damage. For stock mouldings to receive credit, mouldings must be in resalable condition. Returns are FOB buyer and are subject to a minimum 20% restocking charge. Loose mouldings will be accepted only if they are 8’ or longer, unless in original plastic covering. No returns allowed after 60 days from date of invoice. After 60 days, if return is allowed at White River’s discretion, the restocking charge will increase by 10% per month. White River has the right to refuse any return. All carvings must be in original packaging or still carded with seal unbroken. White River absolutely will not accept carded carvings that have been opened.
- Do not return any product without prior authorization.
- Call Customer Service and obtain a Return Goods Authorization number (RGA#). We will fax or email a shipping label that must be used.
- Returned products must have packaging equal to original factory packaging (with adequate protective padding material and cardboard securely fastened). White River will not be responsible for damage incurred because of insufficient packaging.
- Special order and custom-manufactured items cannot be returned.
- Return merchandise will not be accepted from the carrier unless it is returned freight prepaid within 15 days of the return authorization date. Packages must be clearly marked with the RGA number.